Sunday, 7 February 2016

Prayer Answered!

 
 
Last night was a very long and anxious night...waiting for the morning to come, when I hoped and prayed I would get a phone call from my dear Recycled Teenager.
I tossed and turned most of the night, worrying if I had made the right decision last night to leave a note and wait for morning.
I had anticipated that if she had read my note she would ring at 8am...that's when she usually rings if she has something to tell me. I know she is an early riser, but waits for a "decent hour" before calling.
8am came and went....so I rang her...no reply...I called her mobile...not on.
So, there was nothing for it but to go round and use the key safe to let myself in.
I was feeling very uneasy in the tummy by now and was starting to wonder what I was going to find....it seemed the day I had dreaded had come...and I was more involved in it than I had anticipated!
Just as I was putting my shoes on...the phone rang!
It was her!!!
She had heard the phone go but it was dead when she answered it.
She was very CROSS that I had gone out "so late" last night and even crosser that we had been caused such worry....not that I told her now much I had worried.
Why she hadn't heard her friends phoning or the door being knocked is a mystery, but I was so thankful to hear her voice!
When I told Teen Two she was ok he said " well that's good, because I prayed about it!"
So his prayer was answered!
 
 
 
Even with such wonderful news, the relief took some time to take effect and my nerves felt rather jangled most of the morning.
I think I had built myself up for what I might discover and the feeling didn't leave me.
Even a half hour sit down with a cuppa and something sweet didn't help!
 
 
 
After our usual roast dinner and a game of Scrabble, things eventually started to settle down.
 
 
Tea was easy...left overs from yesterday's party!
 
Daily Blessing
Sunday February 7, 2016
Today's Promise:
   I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Good news all round then. PTL. Those leftovers look good. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete