Thursday, 4 February 2016

Ginger Biscuit Crisis!

 
Regular readers of my blog will know my family are partial to the odd ginger biccie!
A perfect weekend starts with a cuppa and ginger biccie in bed, whilst we plan out our day.
This is something of a tradition started by my in-laws, although they started EVERY day with a cuppa a biccie...a bit too naughty for my liking...although I have a sneaking suspicion that when the two early risers of the household get up each morning (hint...its not me or Teen One!) they start the morning off this way!
I have noticed on recent visits to Lidl...where we buy the bulk of our ginger biccies ( 25p a packet and nicer than their counterpart McV) that there were never any gingers out.
I even blogged about the lack of them here a couple of weeks ago, along with the lack of bourbons and custard creams.
The seriousness of this situation was raised another level when one of our church members, who is a personal shopper for Tesco, said they didn't have any gingers in stock...or even a space on the shelf for them!
What was going on...had the world run out of ginger....did someone high up think they were no longer popular....had the EU put some kind of ban on them????
What were we going to do?!
 
 
 
Then yesterday Grandma phoned up ( who still has a daily ginger biccie and was no doubt running low herself!) to say had I heard on the BBC news, the nationwide outcry that there were no gingers available...it was even the subject of a Twitter discussion on Radio 2!
It appears the recent flooding has caused the factory to come to a grinding halt....whilst production is hoped to start very soon, it is going to take some time to get supplies up and running as usual.
That Storm Desmond certainly has a lot to answer for!
 
 
I think for the time being, I am going to have to issue everyone with a ration book...after all...desperate times call for desperate measures!
 
 
 
For those of you on Baymax watch...you will need to be eagle eyed today hee hee!
This one REALLY made me laugh...I had to look twice!
 
So, with the ginger biscuit crisis averted, I can confirm that today has been a fairly ordinary day, doing all the things I do every Thursday, aside from a little nursing added to the list for Teen Two who still has a bad chest and throat.
 
 
Daily Blessing
Thursday February 4, 2016
Today's Psalm:
   Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry - this national disaster has passed me by!

    ReplyDelete