Monday, 1 February 2016

Cleaning, Cooking and Cloves!

 
 
For no obvious reason, I woke at 4.14am and could not get back to sleep.
So at 5am, when I could hear Hubby stirring, I came downstairs and made us both a cup of tea.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So as not to disturb the rest of the household, I decided to catch up with some electronic paperwork...one item being the household insurance.
I have never understood why in recent years it is necessary to shop around every year for a cheaper quote...and by cheaper I MEAN cheaper!
Our renewal quote was for £400....our bank has quoted us £180 AND we get £50 back into our account after 70 days!
 
 
 
With that task out of the way it was time to crack on with some regular housework.
The plus side to getting up so early was I achieved loads and all before 9am!
The downside was losing impetus mid afternoon!
 
 
 
 Having visited my Monday Recycled Teenager as usual, taken her shopping, unpacked my own etc, I could feel myself flagging, so  I quickly made a chicken and bacon pie, with leftovers in the fridge, before crashing out in the chair for a quiet cuppa.
I used to use equal quantities of marg and lard, but nowadays I use trex in place of lard...and sometimes no marg at all...but it works out cheaper to add some marg.
It really makes beautifully light pastry.
 
 
Going back to Christmas...I had bought a Big Hero 6 (great film!) item in Poundland as part of Teen Two's stocking fillers.
I didn't really have any idea what it was...a jigsaw maybe...it was in the bathroom section, so that's where we took it apart.
When I next used the bathroom...I was amused to see it together and every day since then it has changed its position!
Today we have this position...
 
 
....it makes me chuckle every time I see it!
I will keep you posted of what I find on subsequent trips!
 
 
I am a  real lover of chai latte....and thought I would try a different brand...and also the skinny blend.
However its a big disappointment...it is way too heavy on the cloves, in fact that is the only flavour, not only that but its like a trip to the dentist and my tongue is practically numb by the end of the cup.
I think I will write to the suppliers and see if there is a problem with this batch.
I had been thinking I would add some to a sponge cake...inspired by the earl grey sponge we had the other week...but I wont be using this tin for my experiment!
 
 
Daily Blessing
Monday February 1, 2016
Today's Verse:
   For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: