Friday, 19 February 2016

Bringing Back Childhood Memories!

 
This morning, bright and early I was baking...some Oreo flapjack for Teen Two to take into school with him.
I always think if they must go into school during the holidays, then it should at least have an element of fun about it.
All credit to his teacher...she returned from a break in Paris and 5am and came to school to 10am!
 
 
 
So, having dropped Teen Two at school, Teen One and I called in to see my friend with the broken ankle.
 
 
 
 
She was delighted with the cake Teen One had made, and Teen One in turn was delighted to play with her baby granddaughter.
 
 
Having collected Teen Two from school, it was back home for a little more baking.
 
 
 
As there was no Friday Club tonight, we made the most of the free time and treated ourselves to a Harvester meal.
We had a voucher for a kids meal costing just £1, as Teen Two often prefers the portion size of a kids meal, it was perfect for us.
For the first time, we were told any diners over 10, choosing from the kids menu, weren't allowed to use the salad bar!
We have never been told this before, even at this particular restaurant....I was a little irked...but seeing as we were probably on a sticky wicket asking for a kids meal for a 15 yr old I didn't make a fuss.
In these days of complaints about obesity etc, it is a shame we are expected to almost force feed our children when eating out....ten year olds do not have the same appetite or capacity to eat as much as an adult, so why should we have to buy an adult portion meal for them!
No doubt...if there were a child with a humongous appetite the restaurants would be happy to sell them an adult meal, but not the other way round!
Gripe over!
 
 
 
After our meal, we went to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, the stage show.
This was my favourite film as a child, although of course our opportunity to watch it was usually once a year at Christmas, if that.
But I had the LP record, so it was like watching the film every time I played it...which was a lot!
The show really did bring back some very happy childhood memories and Caractacus Potts was the man I wanted to be both my dad and my husband as I longed to be Truly Scrumptious!
The show was brilliant...a little different to the film we love and know, but that is to be expected.
 
 
Daily Blessing
Friday February 19, 2016
Today's Verse:
   ...at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I agree re children's portions - and how sad that the salad was not allowed.

    ReplyDelete