Tuesday, 26 January 2016

The Thrill of The Auction!

 
Once the sun had risen, the day started bright and cheerful and these trees outside out our house were filled with little birds singing such pretty songs...it felt so spring like!
However it wasn't long before the cold winds and rain descended!
 
 
I have promised myself that each week I will take a meal in to my friend with the broken ankle.
This week I thought a chicken pie might make a change.
I found a pile of foil pie plates my neighbour had given me on one of his sort outs....it looks smaller than my usual pie plate so I hope the pie is big enough for a family of four!
At the very least it ought to taste better than shop bought pies...you cant beat home made shortcrust!
 
 
Once it was cooked I popped it inside my pie plate ....I guess its not too much smaller.
 
On the way to my friend we stopped off at church and I was mightily relieved to find my lens on the floor! I just need to make a trip to the opticians for a replacement screw now.
 
 
Teen One didn't have college until after lunch so was able to come along with me...she had great fun with their little granddaughter.... so did I needless to say!
 
This afternoon I sat and listed a pile of CD's, books and DS games that Teen One no longer wants.
I forgot quite how time consuming the listing was...although some aspects were more streamline I must admit.
I am hoping that we make a few sales to make it all worth while!
The worst part  I find is the parcelling up of all the items at the end and then the inevitable queue at the Post Office...sometimes all for a 50p profit...one has to ask if its all worth it!
Mind you, there is nothing quite like the thrill of the auction!
 
This evening is yet another trip to college, this time for Teen One, to listen to a talk on Student Finance/loans.
It's not the first time we have attended one of these talks, but I am hoping this time it starts to make sense!
 
 
 
 
Daily Blessing
Tuesday January 26, 2016
Today's Verse:
   Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and for ever.

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the ebay front - as you say it takes soooo much time!

    ReplyDelete