Monday, 25 January 2016

One Man's Junk...

 
Last night was rather short for me. I awoke at 2.15am and by 4am was still wide awake.
So I gave up trying to sleep and came downstairs for a cuppa.
I put it down to having a cup of tea and church last night...not made with my regular decaff.
I have noticed before if I have a caffeine drink I have trouble sleeping.
Needless to say... I am shattered now!
Today has been very busy and unusual day.
It started with the usual visits with my Recycled Teenagers, then my Mammogram.
Having turned 50 three years ago, these come round every third year...doesn't seem like three years since I endured the agony of this vital screening....but this time round it didn't seem so bad.
Whether I just wasn't expecting it to be SO painful last time or not, I don't know, but I certainly didn't feel like passing out this time!
I am grateful to live in a country where this screening takes place, and on the NHS as well.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My old Dyson has had a split hose for some time, and I keep meaning to go to the local Dyson centre and buy a new one, but as it is the "spare" vacuum, I just haven't got round to it.
As I was driving home, I noticed a Dyson, the same model as mine...in someone's front garden.
So I knocked and asked if I could have the hose and they said, take the lot!
So I now have plenty of spares for my old cleaner...and for free!
Talking of free....look what someone was throwing out the other day....
 
 
 
...this lovely....near perfect wooden racing track.
The Friday club boys had great fun with the Matchbox cars!
 
 
 
After a very quick whizz round Asda and bite to eat at home, it was time to go to church for the funeral of a 98 year old lady.
It was a very small service...I guess at that age you have few of your peers and even family left!
After the service it was time to rush home and get changed so we could take Teen Two to college for his interview.
It was very positive and he was offered a place on the Creative Media course.
He will be taking Maths and English GCSE again (unless some miracle happens in the next few months!)
He was very excited to be offered place and is really looking forward to his new challenge in life!
The college assured us of support and we felt they were genuine assurances and not mere words.
 
 
With Hubby home early for the funeral, we decided to finally have a belated birthday meal for me.
We chose Harvester, which is close to home and we get 5% back on our card at the moment.
 
 
 
 
There was only one hiccup at the restaurant...reading the menu!
When I took my specs out....I realised one of the lens had fallen out!
I hoped it would be lurking around in my bag...nope...so I hoped it was in the bag I had used at the funeral...but when we got home and I checked...nope....so I am now hoping its on the floor at church and will pop in tomorrow.
 
Daily Blessing
Monday January 25, 2016
Today's Proverb:
   A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment