Sunday, 24 January 2016

Interview Number One!

 
Today, for a change, was not the usual sort of Sunday.
It did start as usual with church first thing....
 
 
...followed by our Family Service and bring and share lunch.
 
 
 
 
I took nachos along for the first time and it went down a treat.
It was very easy to prepare....my usual chilli made with mince, put on top of a dish of tortilla chips ( I used Lidls own make) then plenty of cheese.
I knew Teen One and Hubby would enjoy it if no one else did...but I needn't have worried as everyone tucked in.
 
Once home I took my Recycled Teen next door a meal, then Teen One and I  cracked on with sorting out her bedroom.
There is just the matter of sorting out what trinkets she wants to keep and then we are there.
 
 
 
 
 
Part way through the phone went...it was the care line to say next door had pressed his emergency neck cord.
Not expecting it to be an actual emergency I went next door...only to find him having fallen down in the garden!
I was so thankful it wasn't a cold or wet day.
He had been calling for us, but being in the front of the house at the time, I never heard a thing.
Thank goodness he actually pressed the  button this time.
Hubby and I were able to get him to his feet and stand down the ambulance.
The son arrived as usual about half an hour later and was of course relieved to find his dad fine, aside from a wet rear end!
 
 
During the afternoon Teen One checked her UCAS status and was thrilled to see she has been offered her first interview...at Brighton Uni.
Whilst this isn't her number once choice...she was really hoping to get one of her third or fourth choices early on so as to get some experience, so this is perfect timing.
 
 
 
 
Daily Blessing
Sunday January 24, 2016
Today's Psalm:
   The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.
 

3 comments:

  1. Well done - both to teen one and to you for taking care of your neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your recycled teenager, but pleased to hear that he seems to be OK. Well done on the Interview for teen one. Very exciting!!!xx,x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still think teen one should be coming to Manchester!!!

    ReplyDelete