Sunday, 29 November 2015

We Are Truly Blessed

 
I do like a bargain, as you know...so when I saw this box of stuffing for 9p, it just had to be bought.
No matter what stuffing mix I use, I always add sausage meat to it and an egg.
It made our roast chicken lunch extra special today.
 
 
Dessert today is a family favourite, particularly Teen Two's.
Syrup Sponge Pudding.
It's quick and easy to make and is cooked in  a microwave oven.
 
Ingredients needed
 
100g soft margarine
100g  sugar ( I used granulated but the original recipe said soft brown or caster)
2 beaten eggs
100g self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
2tbsp milk
3tbsp golden syrup....I always add a bit more as the sponge tends to soak up quite a bit.
 
I add all the ingredients, except the syrup to my mixer and mix until light and fluffy.
Grease a 1.4 litre basin and pour syrup in.
Add the cake mixture.
Cook for 8 minutes on high.
Leave to stand for 5mins.
Serve with custard or cream.
 
The original recipe said to cover the bowl loosely before cooking...I haven't done this in years and it always comes out fine.
 
 
I usually serve it straight out of the bowl, but if you had guests it would look better turned out onto a plate with the syrup cascading down the light sponge.
This served 6 of us today with a small portion left for Grandma to take home with her.
It's a sweet and light dessert, best eaten the same day.
Today we had steaming custard with it...mmm...perfect for winter days.
 
 
After lunch Teen One spent part of the afternoon studying....
 
 
 
...Teen Two chilled out on the PC...
 
 
...Hubby too chilled out with a screen...
 
 
...Grandma had an afternoon nap...
 
 
 
...and me...well I put my feet up with a spot of knitting, with Milly at my side.
 
 
 
 
Once Grandma was awake there was the inevitable game of Scrabble...Hubby won hands down!
 
After our evening church service its now time to get ready for a new week.
Packed lunches are made and in the fridge, the kitchen clear of the debris from a busy day and before long we will all be heading off to bed.
A fairly ordinary day, but one to be thankful for, everyone healthy, good food in our stomachs and a warm bed to end the day with.
We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment