Wednesday, 25 November 2015

Honesty Is So Precious

 
 
Every other Wednesday my Recycled Teenager likes to change his bedding, but needs help.
He has a very meticulous method for doing it.
Today, he wanted the mattress turning round. I was worried how we would manage it between us, but in actual fact, all he wanted was the top ending moving round to the bottom end, not turning over, which is what I had imagined he meant.
However...I hadn't anticipated the massive problem it was going to cause!
I turned the top end round without any problem, but it was obvious my RT was not strong enough to pull the bottom end up to complete the turning.
So, as quick as a flash, I whizzed round to the bottom end of his side and very easily pushed the mattress round ....unfortunately, the speed with which I did it rather took the poor man by surprise....sent him off balance, his oversized slipper then went from under his feet and then plop...he fell back on the floor!
To say I was mortified is an understatement.
At his age, having just got over a recent fall, another fall is not good news.
I think he just winded himself as it turns out, and between us we managed to get him up onto the bed to catch his breath and then back downstairs.
He refused to use the chair lift, insisting he was fine and wanted to walk down.
I made him a cuppa and sat with him for a while.
He assured me he was fine, and when I went in a couple of hours later he had made his lunch, hung out some washing and generally seemed to have recovered.
He hadn't, unfortunately, wanted to tell his son, I wish he had, and he swore me to secrecy.
I don't like keeping secrets like this, who knows what repercussions  may lurk at his age.
I shall be keeping an extra careful eye on him for the next few days that's for sure.
I also want to try and encourage his son to look for some new slippers.
They weren't the only cause of todays fall, but have been the cause of the last two falls.
He insists on still using them, complete with an elastic band to try and give some extra grip and also stop them from falling off as he shuffles.
 
 
 
Once back home, and with the usual "first thing in the morning" chores complete, it was time to head into town, yet again.
I am fast becoming a little weary with the never ending shopping, I must confess!
Whilst in town I made a trip to the bank to get some pound coins.
Up until recently, the bank was a place I rarely went to.
With direct debits,  online banking and easy access to cash at supermarkets and the like, actually
visiting a bank just hasn't been necessary.
I guess this is the biggest reason that so many of  our high street branches are closing down.
With Teen Two attending three clubs every week, the need to have real money in the house  has become essential, so every month I now go to the bank and draw out enough, in pound coins, to keep in a little pot for him.
Every club night he just has to go to the pot and take what he needs.
It is so much easier than scrabbling around trying to find £2 every time.
I also am very grateful that he is so trustworthy, he only ever takes the amount he needs on the nights he needs.
Honesty is so precious.
 
 
 
A friend came for lunch, we had a quiet cuppa and chat, then when it was time for her to head back to work, I had planned to head out into the garden.
The courgette plant needs to be pulled up and the area generally tidied up.
Unfortunately I had no sooner got outside than the rain came!
I thought about continuing, but it really was rather cold, so I decided to just get the wood stock in for tonight's fire and then have a cuppa instead!
 
 
With the fire dressed and ready for lighting tonight, it was time for a little down time.
 
 
 
 
I sat myself down with a lovely cup of tea.....
 
 
 
...and some knitting.
I have a new project on the go....but not one I can share with you right now...sorry folks!
All will be revealed in due course.
 
 
 
Today is Teen Two's night for cooking dinner, as I had time on my hands, I put everything out ready for him so when he comes in from school he can get straight on with it.
 
On the Grandma front, she has started to feel a little better the past few days, so we are hoping whatever it was has passed.
She still has an endoscopy appointment to attend and hopefully that will just show everything is normal.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment