Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Cutting Out The Middle Man ( Or Woman!)

 
This morning Teen One and I started the day off with a little breakfast treat at Costa's.
The usual hazelnut latte for me (although I was tempted to go with a gingerbread one)
and a fudge hot chocolate for Teen One.
 
 
Teen One opted for an Emmantel Cheese and mushroom toastie....
 
 
...and a toasted teacake for me.
 
 
We had a wonder round the outlet stores, looking for the final presents for the Friday Club children....thankfully we think we have now bought them all...just the wrapping to do.
Whenever we pass this bike I always think how attractive it looked...today I couldn't resist taking a snap!
 
 
I popped into our new B&M Store and thought these little pots of seasoning and sauce were good value for 25p each.
Tonight we are trying the sweet and sour one.
 
 
 
I was delighted to see they were selling these tins of condensed mushroom soup for 49p, less than half what the supermarkets currently sell it for.
I find these little tins of soup invaluable to keep in the cupboard.
They can transform left overs into a very tasty dish and form the base of many sauces.
Here are a few to get your taste buds going
 
 
This afternoon I had a bit of a sort out of my yarn stash.
I made the decision to pass on a huge bag of chunky wool I was given a couple of years ago.
I had forgotten I had it and just know I won't use it.
I guess I was thinking I would knit it up for charity....but have decided I will cut out the middle man ( me!) and give it straight to charity!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you - a good clear out helps - particularly if it then helps charity!

    ReplyDelete