Sunday, 27 September 2015

A Happy 93rd Birthday To My Recycled Teenager!

 
This morning started with glorious sunshine and this friendly robin singing a pretty song from my washing pool.
 
 
 
Today was our monthly Family service and bring and share lunch.
Always a lot of hard work, but always good to see families from the local community, who are not church members, coming along.
 
 
 
Whilst Hubby had a snooze in the chair, the Teens occupied themselves with some form of computer game, I sewed together some of the granny squares.
Tonight I will block them and hopefully you will see a difference when I post another picture tomorrow.
 
 
 
Today is the 93rd birthday of my Recycled Teenager in the dementia home.
I was a bit startled on arrival to see two police cars and an open hearse!
I walked with dread to her room....but was mightily relieved to find her sleeping peacefully
 
 
She had some beautiful bouquets and the staff and decorated her room
 
 
It's sad that she can't appreciate the little things people to do make her day special
 
 
but at least the staff can see, by the number of cards and visitors she has, she is a lady who has been much loved.
 
I didn't wake her, she is generally rather agitated these days, and waking her in the past has usually led to her being more confused than normal, so I just enjoyed her peaceful company for a short while and prayed she felt as peaceful as she looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment